August 31, 2015
Information we collect from you
If you use our mobile app or website, we may collect information about all of your behavior.
Data can be collected and processed when our mobile application (“app”) or website is used by you. The following are approved methods of collection:
- If you sign up via your email account, we can collect the information provided;
- If you sign up via a social media account, we can collect information you make available during your signup;
- We may collect all communication within the TripScout app (e.g., engagement with the app, purchase history, sites visited, custom pins, user searches, notes, etc.), location data, and usage logs;
- If you visit TripScout’s website, we may collect traffic data, behavior, weblogs, response to promotions, and any other communication with the TripScout website or emails;
- If you receive emails from TripScout, we may collect behavioral data, such as opening, reading, clicking through, forwarding, response to promotions, subscribe or unsubscribe, preferences and other email behavior;
- The app may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the app;
- Information about the location of your device. This app collects precise information about the location of your device. It tracks your path, the places you visited, the pictures, videos, comments you made and your interactions with the user interface. We use your location information to provide requested location services, and learn your travel habits to provide you with tailor-made offers based on your requirements. We also use this information to share it with third parties for their independent use; and
- We may also obtain information from other sources (e.g., social media, third-party partners).
Use of your information
We can use your information for business, analytical, testing, marketing, and promotional purposes.
Information stored and collected about you allows us to improve our apps and website for you. We may use your information to improve our business or provide you with updates, messages, alerts, and notifications about TripScout apps, products, services, announcements, or other marketing services. We may also use your information to promote other services, products or deals to you from our partners.
We may link or combine information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service. We may use your information to detect and analyze usage activity, trends, and suspected breaches to our policies.
TripScout is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing our services or providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Storing and processing your personal data
We store our gathered information and will do our best to keep it secure.
Sharing or disclosing your information
We may share or disclose our gathered information to third parties.
- Personal information can be offered to any member of our company or affiliated person or company, including employees, consultants, contractors, vendors, subsidiaries, holding companies and their subsidiaries;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of TripScout’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, or upon completion of any such transaction;
- To provide products and services to you which include the following: to process orders you may place; to assist those who help us in designing and operating the app or help us analyze collected data; to send you information or materials via email or app notifications about products, offers, and news we think might interest you which may relate to products, offers, and news of TripScout or commercial partners; to analyze use and learn about the interests of our users in the aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in;
- We believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or business health, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud;
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; and
- We may also share any aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
We may allow others to analyze our business and user data.
Third party links
We may link to other parties and are not liable or responsible for their behavior.
Web browser cookies
We utilize cookies to improve our business.
Your acceptance of these terms
If you use our product, it means you accept our terms, and you are responsible for keeping up to date on any changes to our policy.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!