Buenos Aires, otherwise known as the “Paris of South America,” is a cultural epicenter: delicious food and wine, sexy tango dancing, vibrant music, beautiful architecture, world class art, and vivacious people. Its colorful history is built upon colonial rule, the fight for independence, and economic booms and busts. Walk the streets of Argentina’s capital to experience Latin American and European culture all in one place.
- The standard greeting is a kiss on one cheek, for men and women, whether meeting for the first time or having seen the other person several times already that day.
- With 16 lanes, Avenida 9 de Julio is the widest street in the world.
- Argentina is one of the leading wine producers in the world with approximately 2,000 wineries.
- The Argentine Spanish that’s spoken in and around Buenos Aires is different from the Spanish spoken throughout Latin America. It has a heavy accent and is filled with “lunfardo,” a local slang from the tango era .
Select Sites of City Tour Buenos Aires
Take the Best City Tour Buenos Aires
For a self-guided audio tour on your mobile phone, equipped with an offline map and GPS, download the City Tour Buenos Aires guide from TripScout.
If you’d like an in-person tour, we recommend the best walking tour company and collaborators for the TripScout guide, Buenos Tours.
City Tour Buenos Aires Travel Video
Best Travel Blogs About City Tours Buenos Aires
- Konrad’s World Venture Project: My Favorite Things To Do in Buenos Aires
- Globetrotter Girls: 33 Things We Love About Buenos Aires
- Jessie on a Journey: Going Beyond the Guidebook in Buenos Aires
- Adventurous Kate: Buenos Aires posts