Washington DC Tour Overview
A Washington DC tour with TripScout will take you through a collection of almost everything important to American history. The many monuments and museums share thousands of stories about the people and events that created the nation into what it is today. However, politics, history, monuments, and museums isn’t everything a Washington DC tour should offer. Washington DC is consistently ranked as one of the most cultured, educated, international, politically active, and physically active cities in America. It has a rare mix of both northern and southern culture, mixed in with representation from nearly every culture around the globe.
Our Washington DC tour will teach you the behind the scenes stories of all the monuments and iconic structures. You’ll learn a lot of fascinating American history, as well as being guided through trendy Washington DC neighborhoods, local markets, the best Washington DC restaurants, and the best places to grab a beer, glass of wine, or cocktail.
DC is home to the who’s who of iconic American structures. In fact, 6 of the top 10 monuments and buildings listed as America’s Favorite Architecture can be found in DC. This landscape helps give the city one of its nicknames: America’s Rome. As the home to the federal government, the city often gets a bad reputation for all of the politicians that live and work here. This gives the city one of its other nicknames: “an ugly man’s Hollywood” since it is somewhat jokingly said that those not attractive enough for the movies come to DC to gain their fame and glory through politics. We’ll cover all these perspectives on our Washington DC tour.
Planning a trip to Washington, DC? TripScout has created a number of Washington, DC itineraries to complement any traveling style and trip length:
- The Perfect Five-Day Itinerary for Washington DC
- The Perfect Three-Day Itinerary for Washington DC
- The Perfect Two–Day Itinerary for Washington DC
- The Perfect Washington DC Itinerary for Families
- The Perfect Washington DC Itinerary for History Lovers
- The Ultimate Two–Day Washington DC Itinerary for Foodies
- Three–Day Washington DC Itinerary for Monuments and Museums
- Three–Day Washington DC Itinerary for School Trips
- Two–Day Washington DC Itinerary for Cheap and Fun Nightlife
- Two–Day Washington DC Itinerary for University Students
Washington DC Tour Benefits
- Curated Sites
- Audio Tours
- Offline Map